A lot of schools where teachers take center stage talk about being “child-centered”. Winston-Salem Montessori School is. In Montessori we speak of the “trio of teachers” a mixed aged community of child, Montessori’s learning materials, and the guide (“teacher”). Each part of the triad is as important as the other and where the teacher is an observer, follower, and guide who brings wisdom, thoughtfulness, and experience to the child’s academic, social, and intellectual exploration.
At Winston-Salem Montessori we believe that each child is possessed of many gifts and is not merely an empty mug to be filled by an all-knowing jug (the teacher). This approach demands special professionals confident and skilled enough to allow the child to be an active participant in his or her learning. It also means that all school decisions are driven by what is best for the children. Learn More
The purpose of the Leadership Team is to ensure the success of our educational program. The Leadership Team are dedicated to:
- articulating the core values and vision of the school
- providing academic leadership
- taking leadership in the admissions and recruitment process,
- building community and enhancing retention among students and families,
- recruiting and guiding faculty members and staff,
- ensuring the financial health of the school
- serving as the school’s representatives to the larger community
- facilitating the continuous process of internal evaluation
- and implementing the long-term plan for the school.